iTunes Download

Reaction score
I recently rented Inception on iTunes and was downloading it. Since the internet is unfortunately pretty slow here, I had to pause it downloading to resume later. When I opened iTunes today, the download was no longer there, instead some random song (I Get Nervous-Lower Dens) was downloading. I have no idea why this happened. It's annoying since I already rented it, and it was almost done downloading and it would take a while because of the slow internet. Any ideas as to why this could happen? I also installed 10.1.1 recently, not sure if that would effect anything. Should I just talk to Apple support? Not sure what they would say or do though. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You only have 24 hours I believe (once you start playback). Maybe that is what happened here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Dont think they have started playback as they say they started downloading and when came back to it, it was downloading something different.
OK first things first have a look at your account purchase history and see if Inception or the song are listed there. If Inception is listed you should be able to re-download it as you have not started watching it. If the song is listed then contact apple support about it to get a refund for the song then try re-downloading Inception.
Trust me you have to watch that film one way or another, saw it in the cinema and blew me away awesome.
Keep us informed.

- Simon

OP
Beleg Cuthalion
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. The download wasn't there at all anymore, but I sent an email to support and they put it back on my account, so it's good now. It's annoying since it will take several more hours now because of the internet, but pretty fast response from Apple. Yeah, I heard it was amazing, just never got a chance to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Glad it is sorted, even though it's not the best.
Let us know what you think of the film ;P

- Simon

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Watched last weekend from Netflix.

Not bad - not great - it's a decent action thriller. Interesting concept. The wife was lost and couldn't follow it - didn't understand what and why in several areas. Definitely need to be watching/listening/paying attention in this one, not doing other things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.