OSX 10.6.5 problems with Mail.app & Skype

Reaction score
I've just upgraded from 10.4.11 to 10.6.3 (which I bought today from the Apple Store), then an online update to 10.6.5.
Software update doesn't find any more new updates, so the computer is as up-to-date as possible.

Since the online update to 10.6.5, I can't launch Mail anymore ("you can't use this version of Mail with this version of Mac OS X"). Mail is version 4.2 (1078/1082), OS is 10.6.5 (Build 10H574)

Also, Skype launches but doesn't connect to the web. (I've reinstalled the latest version of Skype)

All other internet services (Safari,... updating anti-virus software,...) works alright it seems. Just Mail & Skype are completely buggered.

Anyone got a solution / experienced the same problem?

OP
B
Reaction score
I just tried reinstalling Mail from the 10.6.3 installation DVD via Pacifist. Same problem – Mail just won't launch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.