Mail 3.6 problems

Reaction score
Hello, I have been using 3.6 mail on my Imac trouble free for 2 years. My OS is 10.5.8 Recently I found I am not able to compose a new message nor am I able to access my mail preferences. I can still receive and reply. I am able to send emails if I use an old message as a template. I should mention that my internet provider changed my internet speed that about the time this problem occurred, probably just a coincidence?

Reaction score
By Internet speed, do you mean bandwidth? This may have actually altered Mail's capabilities by some weird phenomenon. Either that, or I'm completely BSing without even knowing.

I would call your ISP and ask about the speed change. In the meantime, can you log onto the actual website where your mail provider service is hosted?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Problem solved

I did contact my internet provider via email and although I never received a reply my mail seems to be working fine and I am now able to compose messages and access my preferences once again. What the problem was, I have no idea!

Thanks for the reply!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.