Is it possible t0 build your own mac....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As I;ve found out macs seem to age very quickly and when they do there seems to be not much you can do about it regarding hardware.

I was juts thinking could you build your own laptop and run Snow Leopard on it...?

Does the hardware differ much from a pc...? Obviously the keyboard would but Im sure you could pick up one of those somewhere.

If someone did do this would it be fully functional...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Apple computers are very much custom built, theoretically you could build-your-own but you would be going down to build each electronic board aswell. By the time you have finished it, it too would be outdated lol.
It's probably why there is such a big fan base for "Hackintosh" out there, people who want the apple OS on regular computers, but even this is hard enough at the best of times.
The main reason you can't put OSX on a regular computer is because the software put into the OS is also custom built to support the custom built hardware.

So the Short of the Long is "NAH SORRY"

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As I;ve found out macs seem to age very quickly and when they do there seems to be not much you can do about it regarding hardware.
All computers age quickly... Technology :D

I was juts thinking could you build your own laptop and run Snow Leopard on it...?

Does the hardware differ much from a pc...? Obviously the keyboard would but Im sure you could pick up one of those somewhere.

If someone did do this would it be fully functional...?

That's called a Hakintosh, and other than being illegal to run OS X on non Apple computers, it is also not allowed to be discussed here.

OP
Matteo
Reaction score
lol Hackintosh, clever name, ok Ill button up.

Cheers guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
lolol no problem!

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Countdown to this thread being closed... 3, 2, 1...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.