• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

lot of PC people seem to want OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
note: i guess this is skating close to the edge of the rules but hopefully this can work...if not just delete and i apologize in advance and stick by my good intentions in a legitimate conversation that is based on torrents

i was browsing a torrent site today and noticed that there are several x86 developer cd's floating around for download on the internet. it amazed me how many comments were made by people attempting to use it on their PC.

maybe apple could become a software and hardware company and sell the OS to work on any computer out there, while still making its sexy machines, and make a bundle on it which may increase the usage in the business world which would in turn make osx give windows rather large competition.

i think a lot of people might be trying to get this to work for '****s and giggles' but i also hope they all have trackers on them and apple starts suing their hearts out :)

i am now really excited to see what happens when apple releases its intel computers [goes and checks apple's stock to see if i am able to get a little ;)]

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
As far as I know this Dev disc and the SSE2 patch have been out for quite some time. I think august or June or somewhere in between. Unfortunately my Dell Demension 2400 I bought in 2004 is incompatible with this combonation.

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea it came out around july or beginning of august when i created this thread....about 6 months ago ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
While I won't dare touch this kind of stuff, there is a cense for wanting to run OSX on your PC. To get the advantages of the OS on hardware you have personally built and not dictated to you. I suppose that's about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.