iPod mini with Mac and MS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am new to iPods. I got a mini for my birthday. can you use it with MS and Mac? example: i load it from my iBook and then go to my PC and see it and add music to it. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it has to be formatted as windows to work in itunes on both, and as fat32 to use it as a firewire hd on both.

T

TonyJ

One gotcha with using two machines. You're going to need to somehow keep your databases the same in order to prevent having to reload all your songs each time you switch from one machine to the other. I did this by choosing the iBook as my main iTunes install and just copying the database over to my Mini from time to time. This seems to work well and lets me have a backup.

If anyone knows of an easier way, please let us know. I'd love to simplify the situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think keeping the ipod on manual update would be easier, then just drag over the songs you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.