Not working PowerBook G4?

Reaction score
Hi! So, i have this powerbook G4 15 i got from my uncle. He said it was somthing wrong with the power on it, and he did'nt have an charger because it was broken. So i tried using a 24v dc car charger (the mac took 24,5v) and on first try, nothing happened , and the mac woudnt turn on. So i tried putting it the different way (dumb me O:) and then the power connector started to smoke. I took the plug out in full speed, and was :\ So what should i do now? Is it possible that the DCIN- board, or is it both the dc and logic board that is broken? i do NOT want to try to screw it up, because it is my first mac ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
More than likely just the power board, but with something as "unique" as this who knows where it could have spread, try a new power board, if not, could be a lot worse.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.