MobileMe not working with iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I have Mobile Me with my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 4. When I make any change to data in iCal or Address Book in my MacBook Pro, it automatically syncs to the iPad with no problem. However, it doesn't sync to my iPhone 4. The only way to get it to show up on the iPhone 4 is to hook the iPhone 4 to my MacBook Pro with the USB, then go to iTunes and Sync there. Obviously I have a setting wrong somewhere. I will appreciate any help with this. On my iPhone 4, I have Push and Fetch set but it doesn't sync unless it's hard-wired into iTunes. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
On your iPhone:

SETTINGS > MAIL,CONTACTS, CALENDERS > MOBILEME > make sure you have Mail, Contacts etc set to ON. This will sync across MM. On your Mac, plug in your iPhone and uncheck the options to sync those things via iTunes. It need to be one or the other (MM or iTunes) not both.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mobile Me and iPhone

My iPhone settings are exactly that. When I hook up the iPhone to the MacBook and go to iTunes and Preferences, the only things I see relating to this are:
- "Device Backup" - shows iPad and iPhone
- The box for "Prevent iPods, iPhone and iPad from syncing automatically" is unchecked.

What am I missing? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In iTunes, click on your iPhone (it needs to be connected), click on INFO button at the top of the iTunes screen and make sure that the Sync Contacts, Calenders, Mail, Other and Advanced are all unchecked.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MobileMe

I unchecked the settings in iTunes and all the other settings are correct according to the recommendations here. I rebooted the MacBook, went to iCal and added a "Test" item on my calendar. So far, it hasn't shown up on my iPhone.

I noticed when connected to iTunes there was a "Reset" to return the iPhone to its default settings. Should I try that? I don't want to lose any information. Thank you very much for your indulgence and help for an Apple newbie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I unchecked the settings in iTunes and all the other settings are correct according to the recommendations here. I rebooted the MacBook, went to iCal and added a "Test" item on my calendar. So far, it hasn't shown up on my iPhone.

I noticed when connected to iTunes there was a "Reset" to return the iPhone to its default settings. Should I try that? I don't want to lose any information. Thank you very much for your indulgence and help for an Apple newbie.

You need to sync the Macbook with your MobileMe acct to get the info to the server and to the phone. The phone and iPad will sync automatically but you need to tell the the Macs to sync. You can do this in the MobileMe Control panel. I just set mine to sync automatically and the machine will just do it whenever it needs to. If you want something to sync immediately you can force a manual sync and the data will go, otherwise you just need to wait for the machine to initiate the sync.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's already set to Automatic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, do you have the appropriate things set to sync in MobileMe? Like Mail, calenders etc? Did you do a manual MobileMe sync and see what happened?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.