Problem installing Snow Leopard on to Leopard Macbook

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Thanks for checking out the post (I'm new here). I'm trying to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on to my macbook but I keep getting this error.

"mac os x installation couldn't be completed" I get this message usually within 5 minutes of installation.

My macbook specs are...
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I've already tried repairing the disks. (I repaired my leopard with the snow leopard CD because I couldn't find the leopard CD. I heard it was fine to do.) I would have tried to verify and repair the partition but the buttons seemed to be grayed out for some reason.

Here is the error log...

Download Installer Log 21-Dec-2010 3.txt
(sorry for the download, forum rules. "The text that you have entered is too long (124319 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.")

If anyone can make heads or tails of this I would be grateful. I'm new to macs so really don't know whats going on.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What color is the 10.6 install disk?...if it's gray it won't work...they are model specific & won't work on your computer.

If you don't already have it...get an "official" 10.6 install disk from Apple for $29.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
What color is the 10.6 install disk?...if it's gray it won't work...they are model specific & won't work on your computer.

If you don't already have it...get an "official" 10.6 install disk from Apple for $29.

HTH,

- Nick

Thanks for the reply. It's a white disc with a picture of a snow leopard covered in snow. At the top it says "Mac OS X Snow Leopard".

My friend tried it already on his macbook with success.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
You need to get your own disk and try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.