3G x Wi-Fi Networks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about the conectivity of iPad 3G, and guys please give me ur help.

When I'm using the Wi-Fi, my iPad disables automatically the 3G conectivity or I have to do it myself?

How I can do it? An Apple Support attendant tell me that I have to remove the mini SIM card manually each time, this is totally absurd! :Angry:

Thanks! ;D

Reaction score
firstly, when you are on wifi, the device will not use 3G data. But if you want to be sure, you don't have to take out the sim, just go into your settings app, and turn cellular data off (this is what I do).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wow, that was some serious misinformation spouted by Apple support. Very disappointing.

Reaction score
What support told you to remove the SIM?

If you try to insert the SIM tray without a card in it, you run a very real chance of damaging the prongs that read the SIM.

Bad idea all around

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yes, that's it.

I didn't trust that response. How i said, this is a absurd way to solve my doubt.

If you want to know, my support is from Brazil ;P, and so... it's a not good support because the iPad was lauched here three weeks ago.

I hope some day that they will be, how your support are. ;D

If I miss the english, sorry!
And thanks again!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yes, that's it.

I didn't trust that response. How i said, this is a absurd way to solve my doubt.

If you want to know, my support is from Brazil ;P, and so... it's a not good support because the iPad was lauched here three weeks ago.

I hope some day that they will be, how your support are. ;D

If I miss the english, sorry!
And thanks again!

Your English is better than my Portugese

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.