• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Four Mac OS X upgrades in three years... too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Comparing 2 different pricing scheme is difficult enough and really impossible to find one that is better, taking into account the quality of the product just makes it more complicated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
MacAddikt said:
[obligatory car parallel]
new honda civic will get you from point A to B for a lot less than a new mercedes Benz. which is better? doesnt matter. its your choice and your money.

Well, so long as the Benz is a diesel, I'd take it. Much better engine then gasoline.

Reaction score
dan828 said:
Well, so long as the Benz is a diesel, I'd take it. Much better engine then gasoline.

Do they still sell diesel Mercedes in the US?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
mynameis said:
Do they still sell diesel Mercedes in the US?

Yeah. The E320 CDI is for sale in the US. Just not California. Not until they start selling low sulfur fuel anyways.

C

Colin Barnhorst

How about Chameleon?

rman said:
Apple will save Hyena for when Longhorn comes out. :)

With the announcement this week of MacIntels, perhaps there will be an OS/X Chameleon. It's not a cat, but you won't be able to "tell the difference". :yinyang:

Reaction score
Enjoying living in a retirement apartment building
Your Mac's Specs
21.5/3.06/2x2GB/500GB/9400M
animals

Question---Who or what are all these cougar puma etc animals? I started with Leopard ( I think ) then Snow leopard and now am at something called Mauvrick-???-after Lion and Mountain Lion. Where do these other animals fit in?

And, while we are at the apps--does anybody know if I can make sure I don't upgrade my Keynote and Pages? :Confused:!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You've tagged on to a very old post from 2005.

However, Mavericks is not an animal but rather it's a location in California. Apple headquarters is also located in California.

As far as the upgrade to Pages, Keynote is concerned, you can refuse the updates. But even if you do update them, the older versions will still remain on your Mac. You don't have to use the new versions.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The funny thing is Microsoft gets yelled at for to FEW major updates! :D Grin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You've tagged on to a very old post from 2005.

If you ignore the dates and just read the first few pages in this thread, you may get the sensation like I did that you are in some alternate universe version of Mac-Forums. Depending, of course, on just how long you've been here. Or how bad your memory may be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Happy tenth anniversary thread!

And kaybar Hollywood trashed the Cougar branding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Happy tenth anniversary thread!

And kaybar Hollywood trashed the Cougar branding!

LOL didn't realize it was "that" old.. But it is.. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
where does Maverick come in?

It may help if you were more specific as to what info you would like to know. But Mavericks is the most current Mac OS X version (as of this post)...and is OS 10.9.

As already mentioned...this is mostly a VERY old thread (started in 2003...and kind of fizzled-out in 2005).

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
where does Maverick come in?

It's not "Maverick", it's "Mavericks" and the name is derived from a place in the state of California. And like Nick stated this thread is as old as the hills, so let's just close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.