Connecting My MacBook to My TV (HDMI)?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just recently recieved the cables that are neccessary for connecting my Macbook with my TV via Mini DVI to HDMI. The problem is once I power on my Computer the TV only shows the background of the Desktop (no icons and definately no picture from my Hulu Desktop). Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
That is because you have got the settings to extend you desktop, if you want to mirror your desktop with icons etc then you need to change the settings in System Preferences > Displays

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Keep us posted pal

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Also if you just want to use the monitor as a display you can shut your MacBook and plug in a external mouse and keyboard. After its closed the MacBook will go to sleep, then you wake it up. If you are using a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard go into System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer. This will allow you to wake up your computer and put it into Clamshell mode. Hope this helped!
- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.