Huge Problem, I Really Need Help

Reaction score
The other day, I downloaded an Iron Maiden style font for a project I was doing. All the webtext on my computer was then changed into font, making it unreadable. As I was deleting the font, I accidentally put my full font folder into the trash can too. My Macbook gave me an alert about deleting the files so I dragged it to my desktop really quick and attempted to delete the Maiden font.

My Macbook gave me an error saying I could not delete the font because it was being used by other applications so I tried restarting my Macbook because that would close all applications.

When I got to the login screen, there was no text and I could type, but nothing would show up. I typed in my name and password. It did not appear but when I pushed enter, it allowed me to login.

When I got logged into the computer I saw that there was absolutely no text anywhere. None of the files are named and I cannot type anything. When I open my web browser there is no text on the web pages.

I managed to find the text files on my Macbook by clicking around and opening them but I am not sure where to put them to resolve this issue.

I do not have access to the disks that came with my Macbook.

Can anyone help me? Please!

C

chas_m

1. Go to the nearest Apple reseller and buy a copy of Snow Leopard. $30.

2. Reinstall the system (it will automatically do an archive and install).

3. Update back to 10.6.5. That should fix the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.