• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Windows Vista Viruses....already.

OP
I

iMe

Hahah....so whens service pack 1 comming out from Vista. My guess is it will be out before Vista's Launch date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
One of the many reasons I love my Macs more than my Windows machines
:black:

Reaction score
If there was an OS that made it impossible to write any malicous code for it, then that OS would be pretty much worthless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I love it.... It just makes me feel like the people in the Capital One commercials... as the hords of attackers run to pillage and plunder... I just whip out my Powerbook and the vikings all have to go home bored and depressed. Makes me smile.

As I have said before (since we all know where this thread is probably going)... Why Macs don't get viruses is irrelevant... The point is. They don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
iMe said:
Hahah....so whens service pack 1 comming out from Vista. My guess is it will be out before Vista's Launch date.

I love it when people rip on software as being unready and in need of patches, when it's in freaking BETA.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
dan828 said:
I love it when people rip on software as being unready and in need of patches, when it's in freaking BETA.

That I have to agree with. Wait at least till the final version is released in the stores. Then check into it and see what happens. I am not that impressed so far but who knows.

It would take a LOT to totally impress me. Tiger is very good and stable and secure. XP is no where as bad as some say, but when I really want to get stuff done I tend to use a computer with OSX.

Wait and see. Right now it's not fair to judge it. Beta is far from the final release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
dan828 said:

I don't think anybody is ripping it for being unready or judging it as a finished product... I think most look at it more as a matter of track record... Just based on MS's history the chances are that Vista in it's final shipped version will end up requiring more security patches than you can shake a stick at.

We can all hope that isn't the case but MS certainly hasn't given us any reason to have confidence that it won't be. Plus you have to admit that the fact these hackers have only been looking at Vista for a short period of time and have already found some gaping holes that allow virus self propagation straight from the command line... well it doesn't exactly bolster confidence that is for sure.

Truth be told... Even if it makes no headway at all, which I'm sure it will make some vast improvements over XP, Microsoft will be just fine... And thats just fine with me. It keeps the hackers busy and away from my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Anybody bother to read this or are we just playing pile up on Microsoft time?

Just a reminder, while Mac OS X is superior, it's not perfect either. Let's focus more on how we can better use our own OS rather than tearing down another. You never know when the tables will turn (as it has in the past). I mean I'm sorry to break it to you, but Apples has put out some really horrid OS releases in the past.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
schweb said:

Just a reminder, while Mac OS X is superior, it's not perfect either. Let's focus more on how we can better use our own OS rather than tearing down another. You never know when the tables will turn (as it has in the past). I mean I'm sorry to break it to you, but Apples has put out some really horrid OS releases in the past.

Yep, Saw it. Forgot to mention it in my other reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
schweb said:

Exactly, no OS is perfect. I for one, have read the article and even added my comments to it on CNET. Yes, I own systems for each OS, and I prefer my Macs. I don't hate Windows, it is just my opinion that Mac OS X is the better choice. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.