How do i connect my new wireless k/b and mighty mouse using usb dongle???????

Reaction score
Please help!

ok so i have just invested in a wireless mighty mouse and keyboard to use with my mac pro 1,1. There is no built in bluetooth so i bought a usb bluetooth dongle. It says it supports mac. i cannot connect the keyboard or mouse for the life of me. all the how tos i have read say click on the keyboard or mouse icon in system preferences then click set up bluetooth in right hand corner but i dont see nowherte to click and the keyboard and mouse is one logo.

please please help me!

thanks
LJ

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not many folks have had luck with BT dongles for the Mac. While some manufacturers say they work and even sometimes supply drivers, it's convoluted and usually doesn't work. Have you tried looking for a BT add on card for your Mac Pro instead? Check out this article by MacWorld: LINK

OP
L
Reaction score
but why shouldnt it work? i can see the bluetooth dongle when i look at my usb ports on the screen. surely there must be a solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.