ipod classic vs touch

Reaction score
Hi!

I was looking to buy an ipod and i am confused which to choose...
I have about 20 gb of music,.
I will use mainly for music and podcast.

I dont know which one to get ( touch 32 gb or ipod 160 gb)
I heard that the hard drive is more fragile then the flash drive.

Does one unit sound better than another?

any advices are welcome!

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Sound quality isn't spectacularly different, slightly better on the touch though.
Flash is alot more stable than HD
Main thing you may want to think about is that obviously with the touch you get the app store etc

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
I was in the same boat just a while ago, I have approximately 50gb of media. I went with the 160GB classic though mainly for 2 reasons;

- The touch screen on the touch gets too smudged up for my liking (I had the 2nd gen and sold it just a while ago)

- My media library increases quite regularly and I think I would go through 10gb of storage fairly quickly (especially now that I am ripping my music to 256kbps)

If you like having games and the larger display, capabilities of a PDA and the reliability of a flash drive (I have never had a HDD fail in any of my iPods, I still have my 3rd gen 10gb with the 4 buttons across the top) then the Touch would be better, but if you want a decent amount of storage for a little less money than the top sized Touch, the Classic is a better alternative.

Do what I did and go to the store and see which you like better. I went with the silver 160gb and I love it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.