Can some one recommend me a good ssd drive for macbook pro 13in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Hi,

am looking for a good ssd drive its my first time with ssd so don't know much about it apart from them being fast then normal hard drive am looking for a 64gb to 128gb ssd and i will only use it for my os and few apps and the rest of my movies,anime and music will be on an external hard drive i just bought one from ebay but without doing any research got a kingston SDNow V SNV125-S2BD/64GB and now am finding out that there not that fast then a normal hard drive 7200rpm bought it used for £59 still waiting for it to arrive can some one please recommend me a fast ssd and reliable one that after a year it will still have the same read and write speed at the moment am looking at ocz 2.5 vertex 2 sata 2 ssd 60gb hears a link

OCZ 2.5 VERTEX 2 SATA II SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD) - 60 GB review cheap prices 2.5 VERTEX 2 SATA II SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD) - 60 GB OCZ best buy discount online uk shop

not sure if this is any good but the Max read speed is 285 MB/sec and
Max. write speed is 275 MB/sec

hope you guy's can recommend me a good one thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
not sure if this is any good but the Max read speed is 285 MB/sec and
Max. write speed is 275 MB/sec

hope you guy's can recommend me a good one thanks

Just remember, those are advertised speeds. Don't except to hit those speeds all the time, if ever.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Hi,

am thinking of getting the 60GB Mercury Extreme Pro SSD 2.5 from owc getting it shipped to London, UK. Has anyone done this before? How much are custom fees/VAT?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Get gear, including that SSD, shipped to Australia all the time and nver pay VAT, GST or customs duty on a single low value item. The drive is just great and fast. One warning ~ do a clean install on the drive using your systems disc as they do not take to cloning. However to get back applications, network settings, Home folder etc it is necessary to have a second or the original hard drive in an external case and use Migration Assistant in Utilities.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Has anyone bought anything from this site SSD Europe
if so is it a trust worthy site just found out this site today

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.