2nd gen 32gb Ipod touch problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
Started having problems with my 2nd gen Ipod touch a weeks ago.
Let me start by saying it's always been in a rubber case and never in water. I do play it about 50-60 hrs a week though listening to podcasts.

1st problem that showed up was the shake to shuffle stopped working and then the thing where you can turn the Ipod and the screen will turn quit working. I cant play games that involve having to tilt the Ipod because nothing happens.

2nd problem and the biggest to me is when I go to play a podcast I get silence for the first seven or seconds and Id say about 50% of the time when I pause and come back to the podcast later and hit play it jumps to a random song. I tried resetting all the settings and doing a restore twice from Itunes and it did nothing to help. What else can I do?

Reaction score
Sounds like it's on it's way out. The accelerometer is broken & your flash drive is about to go. Now is as good a time as any to get a new iPod in your situation.

OP
rockworthy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
That's not acceptable, I pay $300 plus for this thing a little over a year ago and it's junk now? I wonder if a call to Apple would do any good?

Reaction score
That's not acceptable, I pay $300 plus for this thing a little over a year ago and it's junk now? I wonder if a call to Apple would do any good?

I know, but this won't be covered by Apple's warranty. They will blame you and what's more, the 2nd Gen touches are no longer covered by anybody's warranty at all because they were released over 2 years ago.

I still have my 32GB 1G & my 16GB 2G, so the faults here must be caused by your overuse/abuse of the device's functions.

If I were you, I'd pop into a local Apple Store & get the Genius Bar to check it out. If they say there is no alternative than for you to purchase a newer model, then request to speak to the manager of the store. If you don't have a local Apple Store, call Apple support & request a supervisor.

Hope this helps you,
Happy Holidays

OP
rockworthy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
It was the latest version as of 10/09. So what gen wOuld that be?

Reaction score
There is an easy way to determine whether or not it is a 2nd or 3rd Gen. Go to the app store and try to install the free Epic Citadel game. If the iPod allows you to download it, it is a 3rd Gen and might still have warranty. If it does not let you download it, your iPod is a 2nd Gen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.