iPhone home button not working

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 3GS two days ago, I've been using it quite a bit but it never fallen off my hands and there are no scratches on it. At all.

Last night I upgraded to iOS 4.2 and the iPhone was working just fine, I even watched an episode of Dexter before going to sleep. This morning, for some strange reason the alarm clock on the iPhone went off, it's odd 'cause it has never happened before (I don't even remember setting up an alarm clock in the first place), so I just shut the alarm off, then checked my e-mail and went back to sleep (at this point the home button was still working fine).

I woke up later, tried to use the iPhone but alas, the home button doesn't work no matter how many times I try. I shut it off, turned it back on, nothing. I restored it factory setting, nothing. I restored the back up, nothing!

So I yeah, I'm taking it back to the AT&T store where I bought it, but what could be the cause of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
You do have to charge them every now and then

Plug it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
Could be a number of reasons but as you have restored it etc more than likely a hardware fault somewhere.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.