Placing a fan in an iMac G3 500?

I

IpsoFacto

Hi,

I am currently thinking of upgrading my iMac G3 500 indigo (summer 2001 release) and I have a few concerns about the cooling issue. As 5400 rpm hardrives hard to find, I plan to install a 7200 rpm/80Go/8mo cache but I would also like to place a little fan under the cooling grid (just under the handle) and that's what bodering me because I don't know how to plug it. I'm sure someone has already try that but did he succeed and where did he plug it?

Thanks

Micmac1st
Newly on the forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
IpsoFacto said:
Hi,

I am currently thinking of upgrading my iMac G3 500 indigo (summer 2001 release) and I have a few concerns about the cooling issue. As 5400 rpm hardrives hard to find, I plan to install a 7200 rpm/80Go/8mo cache but I would also like to place a little fan under the cooling grid (just under the handle) and that's what bodering me because I don't know how to plug it. I'm sure someone has already try that but did he succeed and where did he plug it?

Thanks

Micmac1st
Newly on the forum

There really isn't anywhere on the board for you to plug a fan in. You may however, be able to get a splitter for the power plug to the HD and run a small fan off of that.

OP
I

IpsoFacto

That's exactly what somebody else wrote on another forum... And that seems a fair solution...

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.