run out of space on hard drive now it won't start

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

recently joined, thanks for all the helpful info.

So i was downloading a lot of stuff over night, and forgot that my HD was quite low already. Anyway my macbook won't get to the desktop. It will start and gets to the blue start up screen but just reboots and does the same over and over again. This went on for 10 mins before i spat the dummy.
So my question is, how can i delete some stuff on my HD? to fix this very frustrating problem?

Thanks so much for your help

Fabio

C

chas_m

Welcome!

Mac OS X needs *lots* of "elbow room" to work properly, as you've discovered.

About all you can do is mount the drive into an external case on a different Mac, or connect your Mac to another one via Firewire Target Disk Mode and mount it that way, then clear off the crap. Don't stop till you have at MINIMUM 12GB free.

Bottom line: you need to know someone else with a Mac. A Windows PC will not work for this.

OP
F
Reaction score
institu-redclow

Hey mate,

thanks for the quick reply.

i know how to use a computer thats about it. So how do i mount the disk drive? my gf has a macbook so that shouldn't be a problem.

thanks mate

Reaction score
Get a USB external case and put your HD in it. Then all you have to do is plug it into her machine and it will mount it automatically.

Also, you can use a Windows computer to do this if that computer has thrid party tools like MacDrive. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.