Anyone Using iWeb and Dreamweaver Together

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
Hi,

I have an existing site which was done with iWeb.

I'm now trying to replace some of the pages with pages created in Dreamweaver.

I've come up with a couple of options on how to make both tools work nicely together but, I'd like to see how others have done this.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
The only good-ish solution I have found to this is making a basic site with iWeb, exporting it onto my desktop/ other folder, then opening dreamweaver to make all the changes and adding extra content to it that way.

- Simon

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
Thanks for the response. That's actually the the direction I'm leaning. I have published my iWeb pages in a sub-directory of the Dreamweaver local home page.

The one downside I've found is that Dreamweaver seems to think that all the iWeb pages are updated even when no changes have been made, so I have to avoid publishing the whole site in Dreameaver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Yeah I got forgot to mention that small hiccup in the process, other than that, thats the easiest way I have found.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5
I usually do my in Dreamweaver, but have done from iWeb to dreamweaver in the past. The only problem is that iWeb can create some funky HTML code that can be hard for a novice to sift through in Dreamweaver. Other than that, its not too hard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.