ipod classic update?

Reaction score
hi

i am thinking of buying an ipod classic, but as the product haven't been updated it from a log time, I was wondering do you think will be realised an update soon ?

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure updates for ipod classics, as far as I know are absolute now. The only updates they get are on itunes to keep them compatible with the newer versions of itunes as they come out.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
If Apple were going to release a new iPod classic, they would have done it during their pre-holiday iPod event.

I should note that during that keynote Steve said they were updating "every iPod" or "the entire line" or something like that. Oddly enough, the Classic was not touched nor was it discontinued. It truly is the ******* stepchild of the iPod line now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
It's too bad, but stuff advances. I still am an iPod classic holdout! Until flash memory gets cheaper, the sizes of the Touch won't increase without a jump in price. Will be cool when a 128gb iPod touch goes for $300 or so :)

I think the last software update for the Classic was just include support for the new 160GB drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
When the iPod Touch gets a 128gb for $300 they will probably be absolute for the new ipod implant lol

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
I also think they won't be updated anymore, even at the KeyNote in September, "all the iPods" were updated. Apparently the iPod Classic doesn't count...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.