App Download

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Why is it some Apps refuse to download properly to the iPad?

I have a good WiFi connection and plenty of room on the iPad, yet the App gets to about 80% downloaded and then says it will be available next time I connect to iTunes.

Is there any way to stop them from doing this or maybe tell them I don't want them if they can't be bothered to download properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Can you name some specific apps that do that?
I've never experienced that before with my iPad.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
The latest one is called Awesome Note for iPad (+ Todo).

I tried twice on the iPad and each time it reached about 80% and then gave the message. It downloaded without problem on iTunes - but now of course it is on the Mac rather than the iPad. I don't really have time to wait for iTunes to backup the iPad before it copies the App across.

Shame you can't select whether or not to backup or just to sync.

Then again, shame the App could not download properly in the first place. If it is not going to download directly, why couldn't it say so rather than doing a partial download first? Indeed if it had said so before I bought it I would not have bothered. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.