Which Router should we get - iMac, Wii, PC, 5 iPod Touches

Reaction score
Our current router (a Netgear G) is no longer reaching as far as we need and will not connect to our Wii (we haven't tried very hard to connect to the Wii as we need something for better distance to our PC.

Currently our DSL modem is connected to our iMac. We have had some issues with our iPod touches losing connection, but have assigned everything a static IP address which appears to be helping.

We want to get a new router that offers better range (reaching to the other side of our modestly sized home) and will connect to our Wii, PC, iMac and touches without any conflicts.

Any advice on what we should buy? We would like to stay under $100.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welome to the forum candcwelch

Hmmm this will bring up some interesting post i think, but in short, buy what you can afford.
On the other hand ATM i dont think there is a great deal out there that will give you the distance you require .... You might need to look into getting a Bridge of sorts and i believe that the Airport Express could serve this purpose.
I only say this as i have a Router at a cpl hundred dollars .. Good brand and quality. Not 1 drop out in 5 months use. So you would think it should go further but in my humble dwelling it will reach just as far as the cheap $50 router i use to use.

So all in all yep my suggestion would be to look into using Airport Express ~ Apple to bridge your Wireless network so you can get more distance with it

Cheers

EDIT : Read up on FAQ using AE as a wireless bridge .... Apple Support ~ Airport Express FAQ...... Bridging

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks - I think you are right. It is going to be better to pay a little more and get something that works well without all of the connection hassles we have been having. Will the Airport Extreme handle all of our devices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes it should do....... Just have a read up on the device itself as i dont know your exact situation there.

But from the Airport Express Page

20101219-gnmrbr6pp116cipctq2cb6kerq.jpg

Hope this helps as it does me lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.