• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iWork '09 low on stock as iWork '11 likely near

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before I buy another iWork suite, I want to see a comprehensive review or download a trial copy to test. After the disappointing (my opinion of course) release of 08 and 09, I would hate to spend more money on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There would have to be a SUBSTANTIAL update to make me upgrade from '09. For me, when it comes to work processing programs, as long my old programs lets me do everything I need out of it and works, I won't upgrade. I still have/use Office 2003! lol And I haven't upgraded to the new crap of theirs yet. Learning the new office in an IT class was a pain...they somehow managed to make a simple task hard.

I hope they don't release '11 with just a few lame tweaks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" AL 2.93 GHz Intel C2D - SSD, HDD external, OS X 10.7, 4 GB Ram
After the improvements made in Office 2011 iWorks is going to have to come up with some great improvements to get me to move over to iWorks. Still I am looking forward to playing around with it if they are offering a trial period.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm hoping for some jaw dropping improvements as I bought Office 11 this year. I'm not 100% happy with it but it's going to take a lot for me to drop money again on an office suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
There would have to be a SUBSTANTIAL update to make me upgrade from '09. For me, when it comes to work processing programs, as long my old programs lets me do everything I need out of it and works, I won't upgrade. I still have/use Office 2003! lol And I haven't upgraded to the new crap of theirs yet. Learning the new office in an IT class was a pain...they somehow managed to make a simple task hard.

I hope they don't release '11 with just a few lame tweaks.

Same with me. I haven't bought Office since '03, but I did get '08 from school with my financial aid money. Glad that didn't come out of pocket because I didn't see anything that made it worth the extra $$

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.