Applecare and Emulators... Happily ever after?

Reaction score
hey guys, I have been thinking about downloading an emulator on my mbp to play all the super nintendo games we all love and miss... the only thing that has stopped me is the following: will downloading an emulator void applecare extended protection/any of the apple warranties?

thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
No, it won't void your AppleCare :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hahah...im pretty sure no software you install will void your warranty....firmware & hardware is a different story

C

chas_m

Let's clarify this a little bit ... as a former Apple Genius (and still pretty darn smart) ... broadly speaking your software is your business BUT ... if Apple believes the software you have installed CAUSED an AppleCare issue, they have the option to refuse service.

This is very rare, of course, but I've seen it happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.