Can I use my tmobile sim in a new iPhone?

Reaction score
I want to buy an iPhone but I do not want to lose my phone number. Is this possible? Can I have my same T-mobile number on my iPhone without having to pay extra

Thanks,

Seany Swine Flu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If you buy an iPhone outright and not tied to any provider, then yes, you can use any sim you have in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I want to buy an iPhone but I do not want to lose my phone number. Is this possible? Can I have my same T-mobile number on my iPhone without having to pay extra

Thanks,

Seany Swine Flu

In the US, you can port your number when you switch carriers. You don't need to keep the Tmo card.

Reaction score
Be aware that here in the UK the iPhone 4 uses a micro-sim card, so most (if not all) existing sims are too large. On the plus side, I have just had my old number ported to a new iPhone 4 with new micro-sim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
A SIM card can literally be cut to fit as a micro SIM card. No worries there, if you do it right.

Doug

Reaction score

Thanks,

Seany Swine Flu

The above responses are clear as mud...

Where do you live?

In Europe, its much easier

In the USA its currently impossible with a new iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
In the USA its currently impossible with a new iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1

In the US, if he just wants to keep his phone number (which is what he's saying in his post), it has nothing to do with your SIM, you just port the number when you sign up for new service.

So it is easily possible.

Reaction score
In the US, if he just wants to keep his phone number (which is what he's saying in his post), it has nothing to do with your SIM, you just port the number when you sign up for new service.

So it is easily possible.

Well, that's what his post looks like, but in the subject he asks about the SIM, so I took it that way.

OP
S
Reaction score
Iphone and my T-mobile phone number...

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. Here is some information that might clear things up -

1 - I am in the United States

2 - I have no idea what "port" my number means

3 - I am seeing a lot of posts where people seem unhappy with their new Iphone. Are you guys happy with the phone?

Thanks again....

I asked another question that is equally important but no one answered about the Apple tv. Here goes -

If I can watch a NFL football game on a live stream on my pc, can I send that same feed to the Apple tv?

Seany Swine

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Cab't help with the Apple TV question but I can clear up what "porting a phone number" means. Porting a number simply means transferring the same phone number from one cell phone carrier to another. Until a few years ago changing carriers meant you ended up with a new number each time.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. Here is some information that might clear things up -

1 - I am in the United States

2 - I have no idea what "port" my number means

3 - I am seeing a lot of posts where people seem unhappy with their new Iphone. Are you guys happy with the phone?
e

So, you are a current T-Mobile customer. You want an iPhone 4. Do you want to stay on T-Mobile, or go to AT&T but keep your current phone number? This is what we're not clear about.

Where are you seeing these posts that people are unhappy with their iPhone 4?

I've had 3 generations of iPhone and have loved each version more than the last. I had a HTC EVO for a week, but returned it and went with the iPhone 4. So, I guess you could say I'm very happy with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.