Silly Magic Mouse question...

Reaction score
...I think they are called "Magic" mice? Anyway, I have the most newbie question ever. When not in use, should I turn the mouse off? Or just leave it on so whenever I open my Macbook it works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Turning it off will extend the battery life... but it's up to you :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Nov. 2009 4gb ram
I just picked up one myself and was wondering if it goes into a sleep mode after a while of inactivity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
I've noticed that with mine, if I dont use it for a bit (maybe over 30 minutes?) it takes a second to kick back on and I notice that the little green LED turns back on. So I'm assuming they do go to sleep.

C

chas_m

They do go to sleep BUT only after some considerable time, so yes you should get in the habit of turning it off if you're going to be away for more than 30 minutes.

Reaction score
For the price do you guys think it's worth getting?

i've got mine since new, so i dont remember how much i paid for it.

sadly i accientaly got ink all over it and cleaned it with acetone. big mistake. it lost its glossy look. i wonder if i can get it polished. :)

i thought it was called a magic mouse only on the bluetooth models, since no wires it looks like magic.

cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.