My Macbook shuts down all of a sudden!

Reaction score
I usually let my Macbook sleep while a DVD's inside and I never had any problems with that. But it has already happened twice that when I open my laptop, the DVD starts whirring (which is normal) but after several seconds, the DVD pops out all by itself. Then my Macbook goes black, as if it's shut down but the sleep light constantly stays on, as in, not slowly blinking like it's just sleeping.

Pressing the power button for several seconds restarts it as if nothing happened.

Just wanted to know what's wrong with my laptop before these random shutdowns start to interfere with my productivity. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
For one, it's not a good idea to leave a DVD or CD in the drive and then put the machine to sleep. You may wind up with not being able to remove the media...

Try resetting the SMC on your machine by following the directions given in this Apple KB article. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.