Mac games that are playable with PC players?

J

J-Money

I'm planning to buy an iBook REALLY soon (only waiting to get a response for a student line-of-credit, then I order it :) ). This will be the first mac I own, and the only mac in the household. I'm buying it mostly for school, but it will also replace this old P3 733mhz computer, so I also plan to install a few games on it.

My two brothers have PCs, and they play quite a few games. I only play multiplayer games, and usually those my brothers play, because it's so much funner when you play with people you know. I thought of playing WoW, when either one of brothers isn't playing (yet each have an account), and also Rainbow Six. But I just googled rainbow six: raven shield, and it's only compatible with other mac users.

Do you guys have any other suggestions on games that I could play with my brothers (PC users)? Mostly interested in FPS games, but any multiplayer game is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
I play Medal of Honor and Call of Duty with my roommate on the LAN.

He has a Pentium 4 3.0GHz 4GB Ram 9800XT Pro, Audigy, and on and on.

Sure is fun, and we keep tabs for who has to buy who Whataburger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
I just play singleplayer Call of Duty, Ages of Empires 2, and Doom3. The problem with Mac gaming is the games are all older pc games with a higher price. I feel too nerdy LANing with people, I just play by myself, sometimes against downloaded bots
Gert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
StarCraft....its an oldy but a goody

OP
J

J-Money

I think I'll try Medal of Honor, and Call of duty...

Maybe Starcraft on those rainy days, but I need a game that I can just jump into, and stop playing when I need to (school breaks :p)

Thanks or the suggestions guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Unreal Tournament 2004 will play between PC and Mac.

OP
J

J-Money

"Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space. Internet or LAN connection required for online play."

I guess that would run fine on a new iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
quake 3 and enemy territory (Free so it automatically rules)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.