Macbook Pro mid 2009 2.26ghz SSD 64GB How To Format

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Hi Guy's

Just bought a Kingston ssd 64gb drive model SDNow V SNV125-S2BD/64GB and its unformatted from ebay bought used how do i format it it's my first time upgrading an ssd drive but have installed normal hd drive before and formatted could some one tell me step by step how to format it on snow leopard as new i would only have snow leopard install on it and few apps and the rest moves on external drive and does anyone know if this is a good ssd drive thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
You should be able to just throw the SSD in, boot from the install CD, then run disk utility and format it. You want Mac OS Extended (with Journaled - recommended - if you choose, see - Pick the right file system for your Mac's internal or external storage) and make sure you select GUID Partition Table under Options.

And yes, that is a good SSD.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.