Removal of Mediaplex trojan - please help!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm desperate for your help! I'm not super computer savvy, so simple directions would really be appreciated. :Blushing:

I was surfing the internet tonight and noticed that when I tried to go to facebook, I was linked to the mediaplex site. As others online had suggested, I reset Safari and cleared all history on Firefox.

After doing so I was still worried, so I successfully changed the password on my facebook account. However, when I logged in the screen did this weird shaking thing that I've never seen before. Also, when I went to the change the password on my university email address I use to sign into facebook I kept getting errors and it won't let me sign in.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do and am worried about my passwords and accessing my uni account. Thanks for your help!

Laura

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into your browser preferences and clear the cache and is facebook worth all the problems associated with it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.