Trouble running video games on mbp 13" bootcamped

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 13" and I've read that people with the same setup are playing Fallout 3 and other games pretty smoothly if not error free. At first (playing fallout 3) with medium display setting and 1200x800 resolution, the game runs fine with and almost perfect. But after 5 or so minutes of gameplay, it gets all choppy. Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is my video card not up to it?

2.53GHz intel core 2 duo
4GB 1067MHz ddr3
nvidia 9400m

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Fallout 3 is a bad port. It is full of bugs.

I'd say monitor your temps tho and see if you card is getting hot. Overheating cards can cause problems in games.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The first thing I'd recommend would be to upgrade your video drivers (you should be able to get them directly from NVIDIA). Also, what anti-virus software are you running?

OP
C
Reaction score
how do i monitor the temperatures? is there a program?

i dont have any anti virus installed because i only bootcamped xp to play videogames. i dont go online on the xp side.
i did update the drivers. i thought that might be the problem, but it didnt help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.