• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Is anyone having trouble uploading to YouTube lately?

Reaction score
For the past month or so, I've all of the sudden been unable to upload my videos to YouTube using FireFox or Safari. They upload partially and then just stop. Sometimes they get almost all of the way there. Other times they only make it to 30% before they stop. I've tried the new uploader that claims to be resumable. I've never been able to resume a video upload. I'm using a MacBook Pro with iMovie 09. iMovie stopped being able to upload to YouTube quite some time ago. It acts like it uploads the video completely, but it's not there when you go to YouTube.

I've tried everything that I can think of. I was able to be successful using my Flip Share software as long as the video is under 10 minutes long. Although YouTube allows 15 minute videos now, the Flip Share gives an over-the-limit error when greater than 10 minutes.

I'm at my wit's end and really need to be able to upload 3 to 4 14 minute videos that are just under 800mb in size. Can anyone help me figure out what the heck is going on with this? My youtube channel is PhatFiber. You will see that I've been uploading videos for a couple of years with no problems. Please help if you can! Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.