Lost notificaion sounds in Entourage

B

blade8

Hello Fellow Mac Owners!

I have lost my sound notification, once again, in Entourage. I have had this problem before and did some fiddling around and fixed it. Now, I can't get it to work at all. I've done the following:
Repaired Permissions
Reinstalled the software (MS Office 2004 for Mac)
Rebuilt the Entourage database
Ran MacJanitor
Ran Preferences Treatment (looking for corrupt files)
I don't know what else to do. I've been in contact with micoscrewed and they haven't responded with any other solutions since Monday!
I'm relatively new to the mac world and love it. But, this problem is driving me crazy. Oh, I'm using Tiger with the latest updates and my sounds work in other programs including mail..lol!
The program was working for many days after any updates and, I've not installed any new programs before it died on me. :confused:
Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards,
blade8

OP
B

blade8

OK, this is weird. I woke up the other morning and launched the program and, would you believe my sounds worked? I did nothing to get them back; they just started happening again. I guess everyone should take note: if you install MS Office 2004, you may experience this bizarre behavior. I'm once again a happy camper!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.