iBook G3 Boot Issues

G

GStarPaw

Hi,

I hope someone can help or offer some advice?

This is my first post and I am totally new to Apple and Mac products so bear with me. lol.

I have just acquired an iBook G3 (Dual USB) which has boot issues.

I was told the Hard Drive needed replacing so I found a guide on how to do this and have manged this successfully.
Although... The machine itself does not actually boot.
There is no display and the power light around the power button does not light up.
There is some noise from the HDD and the CDRom drive and the CPU fan spins momentarily but stops.
The CAPS Lock LED lights up when the button is pressed and goes out when pressed again.
The CDRom drawer ejects when the eject key is pressed.

I have tried to include as much info as I can and hope someone can pinpoint a problem from my diagnostics so far?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Gavin

OP
G

GStarPaw

Crandre Regni

Update!!

I have since reset the PRAM by holding down 'Option', 'Apple', 'P' and 'R' and waited for the machine to chime 3 times.

Now the machine chimes once when I push the power button and the drives seems to make their usual noises but there is still no display and power light.

Another thing... The machine recognised that I had not seated the memory correctly, beeped three times and flashed the sleep light on the front of the case. This has now been corrected by re-seating the memory.

Any ideas??

Many thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.