Little question about Preview

Reaction score
Hello everybody i a new mac user. I have MacBook Pro and the switch to it after 15 years in windows is not easy but is getting better and better fast.

My question is very simple, how i can switch between images via preview without select them all and open them. I mean i want to open only one picture and then browse it normally (like any other software's) , but i didn't found it in Preview preferences.

Thanks all and have a nice day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum Xtrician ...

Ill take a stab at what you want. When your in the folder with the pictures you want you can select the one and open it in preview or you can cmd~A and it will select ALL pictures then right click and *open with* preview. Once they are all in preview you can use the ARROW key down bottom right of keyboard and scroll through them all to the one you want ?? Is this what your looking for ?? Not sure where preferences comes into it ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Thanks T-Mac, that answers a query I was working on.

OP
X
Reaction score
chair hernpans

Hi TMac, thank you for replay to my question.
When i select one i want to browse the pictures. Without select them all with cmd + c, only to open one picture and then browsing all other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Hi TMac, thank you for replay to my question.
When i select one i want to browse the pictures. Without select them all with cmd + c, only to open one picture and then browsing all other.

First, I must ask Do you absolutely HAVE to open it with Preview?

If not, you can go into Finder and click once on the image just to select/highlight it. Then press the Spacebar to bring up a quick view. This allows for printing and saving to other locations, but not editing of the photo. You can expand it to full-screen with the "arrows" button at the bottom of the image. So, once you have that quick view pulled up you can then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move to the next file or the previous file.

OP
X
Reaction score
it doesn't work.
I try it with full screen and i cant browse with my trackpad or by keboard buttons.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you pick the "page flow mode" in Finder (think that is what it is called--don't have my Mac with me to check) you can browse through your pictures using the down and up arrows on your keyboard.

If you just want to find a particular picture in a folder you can select icon view and using the slider adjust the size of the icons to suit you.

OP
X
Reaction score
You mean cover flow?
If yes is not what i mean. I mean i want to open a file like you open it in XnView or IrfanView or the Windows Preview and everything else program and then if you press right or left in your keyboard or by your trackpad is browsing your pictures in the folder. The very very simple "feature".
Is working only if you select them all and them open them, but i think is not to be like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You can do that in iPhoto. Full screen and everything...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.