• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help.....i Can't Burn .mov To Dvd!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
ok....so i've followed the thread here about converting .avi to .mov and then placing the .mov in toast 6 to burn to a DVD (using the video tab, DVD-video, NTSC, and creating a DVD menu). so after about a 10 hour session of video compression and burning, at the very end, while writing the lead-out this pops up. "The drive reported an error: Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code = 0x73, 0x04".....what the **** does this mean. i've gone through like 3000 DVD-R (not really) trying to get this thing right and i'm at a lost right now....please someone help. thanx. :mad:

B

badmojo

I use a program called FFmpegX to do it. It creates a VideoTS and an Audio TS folder, in the root folder. From there I drag those two (V-TS A-TS) to a blank DVD+R (haven't tried -R) and burn using the finder. The resulting DVD plays fine on my Mac and my cheapo DVD player. And FFmpegX is free.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
so u convert your .mov to video-ts and audio-ts folders using FFmpegX?? because i generally only use ffmpegx for converting .avi to .mov (that's how i got all my .mov to begin with), so i should convert them to video and audio folders then burn them in toast?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.