Newbie wireless speaker for music set up question

Reaction score
Hi all,

1st post here! Right I'm not the most gifted with computers full stop although love my iMac to bits. I simply would like an idiots guide in to looking into the best way to use my Mac for providing music at a party for example or just as my audio system in the house. What do I need? (i.e. speakers, Amps, etc) Can I avoid paying out for the Airport express?

Also does anyone have recommendations as to what speakers/equipment to get? I appreciate that the speakers are unlikely to be cheap!

As I said I just need simple words telling me how to do it, if you like I want to use my Mac as a jukebox (using my iPhone & iPad as remote controls) to listen anywhere in my house. The speakers ideally would be powerful enough to provide music at small party venue (pub function room but obviously doesn't have to be disco volume!) which is where I guess an Amp will be required?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere & thanks for your assistance in advance.

Ben :Blushing:

Reaction score
I have been starting this process and the research I have been doing leads me to believe that Airport Express is the way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.