Imovie issue

Reaction score
I am fairly new to Mac's and new to this forum. I tried a search but didn't find my problem.
I have a MBP from 2008 that I picked up used. It has been upgraded to OS 10.5.8 with Office 2008. I do not have the discs from this MBP but do have discs from my daughters MB Black that is OS 10.5.8.
Now for the problem.
When I open Imovie to download our vacation videos. I get a popup window telling me that I have (or don't have) some quicktime components. Imovie will then open but I can't import the videos from my camera (Fuji AV100).
What is my next move.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Getting the original discs would be a good thing, as your daughter's discs are useless for you MacBook.

Which Quicktime components does it tell you are missing?

OP
N
Reaction score
The QuickTime components necessary to view, edit, import, and export several kinds of movies are not installed. These components are included with the iMovie installer; please re-install.

This is what pops up in the window.
I have the discs on the way from Apple. But they would put me back to Tiger wouldn't they. Or is that the windows idiot coming out in me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Do you have a Time Machine Backup? That way it shouldnt be a hassle to go back to Tiger, then Leopard, then Snow Leopard

Or, just try installing Disc 2 (Applications) straight onto your current Snow Leopard install, but i dont remember if it will let you install that older version of iMovie onto 10.6

OP
N
Reaction score
Well my discs came from Apple. I didn't see much much here so I did a time machine backup, inserted disc 1 and opted for the "archive and install" "Bundled software only". I get part way thru disc 2 and it stops (99% thru iWork trial) with an error. I tried it 4-5 times. Now I cant get out of installer. So I started drinking, then went to bed. I had to borrow my daughter's Macbook to do some things this morning ad update this thread.
Any ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Did you record the error?

To be fair, in your scenario i'd probably "download" iLife '09 and see if a downloaded version installs properly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.