Macbook 13" Internal USB

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here, so please take it easy on me and let me know if I should post this somewhere else.

I could use a little help. Before I get into my problem, let me tell you alittle about my macbook. I bought it in 2007, It has a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB 677 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory, and on top of that, I just broke down and updated all the way to snow leopard today.

As for my problem, I keep getting a warning telling me that my USB device is drawing to much power from my computer and one or more of my USB devices have been disabled. The thing is, I don't have anything plugged in (aside from the power cord). I remember getting this message before maybe once or twice a month but I would just kind of laugh and click it off close. It hasn't really bothered me before, but now its getting annoying besides all of sudden its showing up every few moments.

Before I came here I looked around at different forums and from what I can figure out its one of my internal USBs and the only real way to fix it is to send it in and get a new logic board. However this is looking to be around $500 which I just can't do right (got to love christmas shopping). This problem is annoying, but if need be I can try and deal....but I would rather find some way to stop that annoying window from coming up over and over. That is, if its not going to be something that gets worse if I ignore it?

Is there a way to turn off this warning? Or better yet, does anyone have some different ideas to fix it? I have completely erased my computer and reinstalled everything.

Any help would be great, thanks for the time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the PRAM - NVRAM. See this LINK. Also try a SMC reset. LINK I'm not sure if either will work to stop the ports from displaying that message but aside from that, there is really nothing else you can do.

Also read the following Apple support forum discussion regarding the same subject. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.