audio drivers corrucpted/ missing?

Reaction score
I have a Macbook. currently running 10.6.1. Just a few days ago, I went to open up iTunes and it gave me this error message:
"The iTunes application could not be opened. an unknown error occurred (-200)"

I've tried "researching" the best i could and come to the conclusion that its an audio driver because my computer wont play any sound either. when i go to youtube, no sound. Skype, no sound. even to preview .mp3's from the desktop, NOTHING!

BUT I can still open up Project files from a beat making program i use, and i have audio again, but only for that program.

i've run many updates, and done all that i know... if anybody could help that would be great.
thanks for your time.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
First thing to do is update to 10.6.5 using the combo update - link.

Second, run Software Update for all the other system updates you may be missing.

(And crossposting in multiple places is not an acceptable practice on any well run forum.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.