Emailing photos from iPhoto - file size

Reaction score
I'm not understanding what happens to my image size when I try to email a photo from iPhoto. In iPhoto, I select an image and click the Email button. It asks for size and I select Actual Size (Full Quality) and show as being 2.1 MB.

Now when I actually compose the email, it embeds the photo but the message size is on 32 KB and if send, does not send as actual size of 2.1 MB. AND, when I send and receive the message, it shows as an attachment size of 19.5 KB.

Why can't I email a photo from iPhoto at actual size? :Confused:

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Is the email image size set to "Actual Size"? It's at the lower right corner in the email compose window.

OP
C
Reaction score
OK, now I'm really embarrassed :Smirk: I never noticed that before! Guess I just figured if you already selected that you want to send as actual size in iPhoto, that you wouldn't need to say you wanted actual size a second time...

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Bah, don't be. You'd be surprised how many Mac users never notice it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
It really is a stupid "feature" - but I suppose it has its use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.