Cooling Pad For a 2007 MacBook Pro

Reaction score
So I have a 2007 MacBook Pro 15 inch and I have been thinking about getting a cooling pad for. I am an engineering student and have to run a lot of simulations that can really keep my computer running hot for long periods of time. I was wondering do cooling pads really help and if there a brand or model that you would recommend for me. Thanks

Reaction score
I use a usb fan.

This does however require a table and drains battery.

I have seen cooling pads but from what I've heard they are not that great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I've been using Targus products for a while now and they definitely help. I bought one back in the day because an Alienware laptop I owned kept overheating. If I put the chill mat underneath it - it wouldn't overheat. I now have one for every laptop just so I can work on it on my lap. Note - the Targus products I am talking about are vented cooling pads with a usb fan built in.

Logitech also makes some that come with speakers and a fan. I've been thinking about one of those but haven't personally tried it.

If you mean just straight up pads that are supposed to absorb heat without a fan - I've heard the same thing - they work for a little bit but then cannot keep up and end up being gel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.