Help setting up Airport Express

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly, apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere - I had a look but haven't been able to find something specific to my problem.

At home, I have the following:
- iMac
- Airport Express
- Wireless modem

Currently the wireless modem is connected to the Mac via ethernet.

I was excited at the possibility of playing iTunes through the home stereo, so went and purchased an Airport Express. When I got it home, I realised that the Mac we have was the last model to include wireless as an option, and it therefore doesn't have a wireless card (Not happy!).

My latest workaround was to connect the APE via Ethernet to the Mac, and use this to wirelessly connect to my modem. But for the life of me I can't get it to work. Is what I am trying to do even possible?

I was hoping that with the Mac's new wireless connectivity, I would then be able to connect our iPad to the stereo (instead of using the APE), and achieve what I was originally wanting to do. I'm new to the world of Mac (and wireless networking) so any guidance/help would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.