iBooks 1.2

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I've been playing with the new iBooks APP v 1.2 and have to say that collections is a great addition to the program. It is a little strange though not to have an all inclusive collection where you can see every book in your Library.

For those who haven't updated a word of explanation. iBook 1.2 allows you to organize your books into collections, (e.g. Adventure, SF, Travel etc). You add the collection category and then using the Edit button select and move books from your main library to the collection folders you designate. The one problem I have seen is that once you move them to a folder the only place to see them again is within that folder (collection). So if you want to browse through all of your books you have to go from collection to collection.

This isn't a great big deal, but is a function that would be nice to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That does sound frustrating. I'm actually updating to 1.2 now. Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid grouping into "collections" for now.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hopefully they will refine collections with future updates (or there may be settings I haven't located yet).

Overall, I like the ability to group, but it would be nice to be able to scan through the whole library without jumping from collection to collection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.