opening apple file in other os

Reaction score
I have a file created on amac on a floppy. Is there anyway to open in windows or linux? I do not know what program only it was a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If it was on a floppy, then its almost certainly an old file from the OS9 days.

Many mac users never needed to add an extension to the file back then, so unless it has a file extension like filename.tif or filename.doc it's a guessing game as to what created the file and what type of file it is

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As louishen noted, without knowing the type, it's hard to know what program will open that file (assuming there is something that can). Do you have any details on the file?

OP
W
Reaction score
If it was on a floppy, then its almost certainly an old file from the OS9 days.

Many mac users never needed to add an extension to the file back then, so unless it has a file extension like filename.tif or filename.doc it's a guessing game as to what created the file and what type of file it is
Thanks. i do not know what kind of extension it had. Only that is a project created in andesk top publishing program, don't know which one. Only have disk and cannot open it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OS 9 - top desktop publishing program? - that narrows it down

If you gave it a qxd extension then it may well open up in Quark Xpress (if you haven't got quark then PM me, and I will give it a try)

Otherwise it could be Adobe Pagemaker, but quark is more likely

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. What does this have to do with Apple reports and rumors? Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb RAM, 1tb HD, OS X 10.6.8,
I bought a new 13" MBP, OS X 10.6.5, w/4gb RAM & 1TB Hard Drive. My old G3 w/OS X 10.3.9 has the capability to use some programs using OS X 9.
Is there any way I can load and use those programs on the new MBP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.