Magic mouse bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro i7____ imac i5____ iPhone 3Gs
I honestly have no clue what happend, ive been running windows xp through bootcamp on my macbook pro and have been using my magic mouse (apple product) since the start. Now suddenly it doesn't work.... restarts dont help and i didnt update windows or bootcamp.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
The mouse still works when i boot into mac btw.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to narrow the problem down to whether it's being caused by hardware or the driver. If you have another mouse on hand, any USB mouse will do, try that first. If that doesn't work, then it's likely a driver problem.

You can also open up the hardware tree in XP by going to Control Panel, System, Hardware. If there is an exclamation mark ( ! ) over the mouse entry, then it's driver related.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro i7____ imac i5____ iPhone 3Gs
Sorry i know the question isnt very specific but i'm not that computersmart, thus the mac.

Just used a USB mouse and it works fine on windows (through bootcamp) and mac.

Eventhough if i check Bluetooth devices i see my mouse and (Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 12:23:51 AM) which is now... so its still connected i think

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.