Life span of my year old macbook??

Reaction score
Happy hump day everyone!! ;D

I bought my macbook pro 1 year ago and it has done me wonders. This is my first mac, so I'm still very new to OS-X.

I'm just curious to know how long this beast will last, and also want to know if theres anything I can do in order to keep this guy running smooth??

Thanks again for your input!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Happy hump day everyone!! ;D

I bought my macbook pro 1 year ago and it has done me wonders. This is my first mac, so I'm still very new to OS-X.

I'm just curious to know how long this beast will last, and also want to know if theres anything I can do in order to keep this guy running smooth??

Thanks again for your input!!

It will last you years to come, as long as you treat it right (don't drop it, don't spill on it, etc etc).

Some things to make it last longer are repairing permissions on the hard drive every so often (once every 2-3 months), maybe start with a clean install once a year to help free up hard drive space and all that good stuff, clean out the computer (physically with compressed air) once every few months. Lots of dust can build up inside and can cause over heating.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm just curious to know how long this beast will last...

What's the sound of "one hand clapping"?;)

The lifespan of a computer is totally related to what tasks you need to do on it...now & in the future. And it depends on how the computer industry changes in the coming years. We won't know until we get there.

I have 10+ year-old computers that can still do certain computer tasks at an acceptable speed...and then I have 2 year-old computers that can't run the newest games. Who knows what the lifespan of a computer is.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.